Aberystwyth Business School Economist chaired panel discussion on Brexit and Free Trade Agreements
17 February 2017
Professor Nick Perdikis, a renowned international business economist and Professor of International Business at the Aberystwyth Business School was recently invited to attend and participate at a prestigious conference on ‘Implications for Brexit: Navigating the Evolving Free Trade Agreement Landscape’, held at the Commonwealth Secretariat at Marlborough House in London from 6- 7 February, 2017. Professor Perdikis chaired a panel discussion on ‘Brexit and Free Trade Agreements’.
The conference was part of the ESRC sponsored ‘Governance and Integration through Free Trade Agreements’ (GIFTA) project, the aims of which are:
- To foster inter-disciplinary research on the evolution and effects of free trade agreements (FTAs) in America, Europe and Asia.
- To strengthen and build a diverse network of scholars in geographic and disciplinary terms, by bringing together economists, lawyers, political scientists, international relations and international political economy scholars interested in international trade policies, in particular FTAs.
- To provide a forum through which academics, practitioners and politicians can exchange information and attempt to solve practical problems.
- To organise workshops to bring together UK and international scholars to reflect upon latest FTA trends, developments and effects.
- To bring FTA matters to the public’s attention through the production of briefs.
More information about the conference including details about speakers and the sessions is available at: http://giftaproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Final-programme-.pdf
More information about the GIFTA project is available at: http://giftaproject.org/
Back to the top