Cwrt Mawr Price Band 1
Cwrt Mawr is situated at the top of the Penglais Campus close to Trefloyne and Rosser halls of residences - housing around 1000 students in total. Many of the rooms also embrace fine views of the town and the bay, which are just a ten minute walk away. Cwrt Mawr (price band 1) blocks have recently undergone refurbishment works to upgrade the kitchens. As well as re-decoration, they now include large soft seating areas, breakfast bars with stools and new appliances.
Cwrt Mawr houses around 600 students split between 12 different blocks; 3 of which being price band 1. Each block has 6 self-contained flats comprising between 6 and 10 single bedrooms. Residents will also have access to a shared shower room(s), toilets and a shared kitchen area with a soft seating area as well as having a wash basin within their room.
Students in Cwrt Mawr are self-catering, sharing kitchens in self-contained flats. Cwrt Mawr is located within a 5 minute walk of CK's supermarket, or alternatively residents can shop at the larger supermarkets in the town.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Facilities & Services
Cwrt Mawr's main facilities include:
- Self-catered accommodation.
- Wi-Fi and wired connection.
- Laundry facilities.
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors.
- Learning Centre (The Lounge @ Rosser) - containing PC work stations, Wi-Fi, group study areas, photocopier, vending, leather sofa's.
- Secure cycle storage for up to 60 bicycles.
- Refuse & Recycling collection points.
- Parking (limited, permit required).
- Residence Assistants providing guidance and support.
What's in Your Room?
Furniture & Equipment
- Single bed (3 foot) & mattress.
- Desk & computer chair.
- Desk lamp.
- Waste bin.
- Wash basin (sink) with mirror.
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge and 1 x Freezer, or 2 x Fridge/Freezer's - providing 1 x fridge shelf or drawer and 1 x freezer drawer per person.
- 2 x ovens with grills & hobs.
- Breakfast bar with stools (1 stool per person).
- 2 x Sofa's.
- Coffee Table.
- Ironing board.
- Mop & bucket.
- Dustpan & brush.
- 2 x toilets.
- Hand sanitiser / wash basin (sink).
- 2 x Showers.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint. Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations.
Weekly cost 2018 / 2019
Length of licence 2018 / 2019
Weekly cost 2019 / 2020
|Lenght of Licence 2019 / 2020|
|Single Price Band 1||£95.41||39 weeks*||£95.41||39 weeks**|
*From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 - 10.00am on 21/06/2019.
** From 10.00am on 20/09/2019 - 10.00am on 19/06/2020.