Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2
Cwrt Mawr is situated at the top of the Penglais Campus, close to all the Campus amenities. Many of the rooms also embrace fine views of the town and the bay, which are just ten minutes' walk away.
Cwrt Mawr houses around 600 students in single rooms arranged into self-contained flats. Each flat can accommodate between 6 and 10 students who will all share the kitchen and bathroom facilities. Most flats have 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets as well as wash basins in all bedrooms.
Students in Cwrt Mawr are self-catering, sharing kitchens in self-contained flats. Cwrt Mawr is located within 5 minutes' walk of CK's supermarket, or alternatively residents can shop at the larger supermarkets in the town.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Also available in Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2 is our Part-Catered option. In addition to having your own fully equipped kitchen, you will also have an allowance, as part of your Accommodation Fee, to spend on food in a choice of our hospitality venues. So you get the best of both!
Facilities & Services
Cwrt Mawr's main facilities include:
- Self-catered or part-catered accommodation
- Wi-Fi and wired connection
- Laundry facilities
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors
- Learning Centre (The Lounge @ Rosser) - containing PC work stations, Wi-Fi, group study areas, photocopier, vending, leather sofa's
- Secure cycle storage for up to 60 bicycles
- Refuse & Recycling collection points
- Parking (limited, permit required)
- Residential Support staff living in residence
What's in Your Room?
Furniture & Equipment
- Single bed (3 foot) & mattress
- Desk & computer chair
- Desk lamp
- Waste bin
- Wash basin with mirror
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge and 1 x Freezer, or 2 x Fridge/Freezer's. Providing 1 x fridge shelf or drawer and 1 x freezer drawer per person
- Oven with grill & hob
- Dining table and chairs (1 chair per person)
- Ironing board
- Mop & bucket
- Dustpan & brush
- 2 x toilets
- Hand sanitiser / wash basin
- 2 x Showers
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint. Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations.
|Room Type||Weekly cost 2017/18||Length of licence 2017/18||Weekly cost 2018/19||Length of licence 2018/19|
|Single Price Band 2||£85.40||39 weeks*||£85.40||39 weeks**|
|Single Price Band 2 (Part-Catered)||£123.90 (including food allowance)||39 weeks*||£123.90 (including food allowance)||39 weeks**|
*From 10.00am on 22/09/2017 – 10.00am on 22/06/2018
**From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 - 10.00am on 21/06/2019