Fferm Penglais Studios
The Fferm Penglais Student Residence offers you the very latest in purpose-built en-suite student accommodation. Located within easy walking distance of the University's academic buildings, the new residence provides a superb environment for living and studying with generous en-suite bedrooms and high specification studios, including hard wired and Wi-Fi internet access. A convenient central service area provides café with pool table and 24/7 study areas, shop, vending, laundry rooms, bike stores, social and sporting facilities.
These are completely self-contained spacious studio's for single occupancy, consisting of your own private study bedroom, shower room and kitchen with dining area.
Students living in Fferm Penglais studios are self-catering.
Fferm Penglais has an on-site shop located within SGUBORfach offering you low cost convenience items such as, fresh bread and milk, frozen foods, toiletries and cleaning products.
Fferm Penglais is also located within 5 minutes' walk of CK's supermarket, or alternatively residents can shop at the larger supermarkets in the town.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Facilities & Services
Fferm Penglais' main facilities include:
- Self-catered accommodation
- High quality furnishings
- Self-contained studios
- Double beds
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM) - containing PC work stations, Wi-Fi, group study areas, photocopier, vending, leather sofa's
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors
- Café with Wi-Fi, sofas, vending & group study / social areas
- Cycle storage
- Refuse & Recycling collection points
- Parking (limited, permit required)
- Residential Support staff living in residence
What's in Your Studio?
These are completely self-contained spacious studios for single occupancy, consisting of your own private study bedroom, shower room and kitchen with dining area.
Furniture & Equipment
- Double bed & mattress
- Bedside cabinet
- Full length mirror
- Hanging rail
- Desk & computer chair
- Built-in lighting
- Waste bin
- Large walk-in shower
- Wash basin
- Clothes drying rack above shower
- Pedal bin
- Combi Oven
- Induction Hob*
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Mop & Bucket
- Dustpan & Brush
- Dining Table with 2 chairs
- Tub chair
* Check out this handy video to ensure that your pans are suitable for an induction hob:
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint.
Weekly cost 2017/18
Length of licence 2017/18
Weekly cost 2018/19
Length of licence 2018/19
|Single Studio||£126.84||40 or 50 weeks *||£135.72||40 or 50 weeks**|
*From 10.00am on 22/09/2017 – 10.00am on 29/06/2018 (40 weeks)
*From 10.00am on 22/09/2017 – 10.00am on 07/09/2018 (50 weeks)
**From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 – 10.00am on 28/06/2019 (40 weeks)
**From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 - 10.00am on 06/09/2019 (50 weeks)