Need somewhere to live during the summer? Look no further as we provide University Accommodation during this time. So whether you are currently living in halls and want to extend your stay or whether you are currently living in private sector housing then summer accommodation is available for you!
Applications for summer accommodation open from 09.00am on Monday 23rd April 2018 (please see below for further details) and University Summer Accommodation for 2018 will be in Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2 (which is a self-catered residence with single rooms). The weekly cost is £85.40 (£12.20 nightly rate) which includes energy, internet/Wi-Fi, a high level of personal contents insurance and FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
University Summer Accommodation is only available to Aberystwyth University (AU) registered students from Friday 22nd June 2018* until Friday 31st August 2018.
*please note that this date depends on whether you are currently living in university or private sector accommodation.
For further details on Summer Accommodation, please see below.
How to apply
Applications open from 09.00am on Monday 23rd April 2018
To request accommodation for the summer you will need to complete an online application form:
- Login to the Accommodation Portal as 'Current Student' using your Aberystwyth username and password.
- Select 'Aberystwyth University Accommodation - Summer 2018'.
- Select the 'Accommodation Application Form' button and follow the instructions where you will need to select your requested dates of stay.
- Rooms are offered on a first come first served basis in date and time order of you successfully submitting your online accommodation application form. Priority is given to students continuing their study course over the summer period.
- We will aim to allocate students with the same length of stay together. Unfortunately, we are unable to facilitate any requests for friends to live together.
- Applications for summer accommodation will not be considered if you have an outstanding accommodation debt with AU or if you have been served with a ban from Aberystwyth University Residences during your term licence period.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified on or before week commencing Monday 30th April 2018. Therefore, please continue to check your AU e-mail account on a regular basis.
- Successful applicants will be sent an offer for summer accommodaton be e-mail which will include details on how to comlete the Summer Accommodation Licence Pack by the given deadline date. Access into summer accommodation will not be given without successful completion of this licence pack.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be given the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list should a vacancy become available.
What are my options if I graduate this year?
You will therefore no longer be a registered student.
If you are not an AU registered student you can contact the Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01970 621960 who may be able to assist you. Alternativley, you can check local hotels/B&B's for their availability.
When can I move into summer accommodation?
Are you currently living in university accommodation?
If you are currently living in University Accommodation and your Licence Agreement ends on Friday 22nd June 2018 then summer accommodation is available to you from this date.
We will contact you week beginning the 28th May 2018 with further details regarding the specific date you are required to move from your term-time room into your summer room. However, please be aware that you will be required to move any time from 22nd June 2018. Therefore, you can remain in your current room until we inform you of your move in date. We advise that you pack before this time!
You will be charged the summer rate of £85.40 per week (£12.20 nightly rate) from Friday 22nd June 2018.
If you are currently living in University Accommodation and your term Licence Agreement ends on Friday 29th June 2018 then summer accommodation is available to you from this date. Please note that you will be required to move into your summer room on Friday 29th June 2018.
Further details regarding moving into your summer accommodation will be sent to you by e-mail prior to your move so therefore please continue to regularly check your AU e-mail account.
Are you currently in private sector accommodation?
If you are currently living in the private sector, then summer accommodation is available to you from 10.00am on Wednesday 27th June 2018. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you summer accommodation prior to this date. We advise that you check your tenancy agreement end date so you know when you must vacate your current accommodation as you may need to consider alternative accommodation (e.g hotel, B&B, friends) until your University summer accommodation is available to you.
Is there a minimum length of stay?
Minimum length of stay is one month.
When is summer accommodation available until?
Summer accommodation is available until 10.00am on Friday 31st August 2018.
Further details regarding moving out arrangements will be provided to you upon arrival.
What if I am also going to be living in university accommodation for academic year 2018/19?
If you have secured a place in University Summer Accommodation until 31st August 2018 and have also secured a place in University Accommodation for academic year 2018/19, then you can continue to live with us until your term-time accommodation becomes available.
To do this you will need to contact the Accommodation Office by sending an e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 1st August 2018 in order for us to check availability.
- That if you do not contact us by this date then we will be unable to provide you with university accommodation after the 31st August 2018 and you will need to vacate university summer accommodation. The earliest you will then be able to move into your term-time room will be from 10.00am on Friday 21st September 2018, the start of your term Accommodation Licence Agreement.
- That if your request is successful then the additional nights between 31st August - 21st September 2018 will be added to any payment plan you have set up. Alternatively, if your summer accommodation fees have been paid up front then you will also be required to pay up front for these additional nights.
- That if your request is successful we are unable to provide you with a date in which you will be able to move from your summer room into your term-time room until nearer the time; however you will be required to be available to move any time between 31st August - 21st September 2018 and may be given short-notice to complete the move by.
- That if your request is successful the date you move into your term-time room is the date that you will start to pay the 2018/19 accommodation fees for that room. Please refer to the Accommodation Fees for 2018/19.
How do I pay for summer accommodation?
As part of your Accommodation Licence Pack you will be required to set up a payment plan in order to pay for your summer accommodation fees. If you have any queries regarding payment of fees please contact the Student Fees Office on 0197 621583, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I pay a deposit?
A deposit of £100 is required to secure summer accommodation which is payable during completion of your licence pack.
If you currently live in university accommodation your term-time deposit will continue to be used during your summer stay. If your deposit has fallen below £100 then you will be required to make a top-up payment.
Details on deposit refunds are avilable in the Accommodation Licence Agreement found within the Residents' Handbook.
During my stay will there be any visits or bedroom inspections?
Community visits and bedroom inspections will continue to be carried out throughout the summer with further details being sent to you by the Campus Life Managment Team. Further information regarding what community visits and bedroom inspections are can be found on our inspection webpage.