How to use the Freezer
How to use
• Set the temperature control to the desired figure in the fridge section. Settings may be made from minimum (1) and maximum (6) - maximum being the coldest position.
• The freezer is frost free and at a constant temperature.
• Never obstruct the freezer fan guard to ensure that you obtain the best possible performance.
• Soft rags and sponges are recommended for use. Never use any sharp or abrasive instrument for cleaning as this may damage the appliance.
• Clean the inside of the fridge with a preferred cleaning solution but avoid chemical cleaners with harsh odors as smells may be absorbed into food.
• Recommended cleaning solutions include a solution of one teaspoon of bicarbonate soda to one pint of water or one part of apple cider vinegar to three parts of hot water.
Food storage tips
• Keep raw meat and poultry below cooked food and dairy products.
• Wrap raw meat and poultry loosely in polythene or aluminium foil to prevent from drying.
• Wrap cheese in greaseproof paper and then in a polythene bag excluding as much air as possible.
• Take off any unusable leaves on vegetables and wipe off any soil.
• Don’t overfill your fridge. Cold air needs to circulate inside your fridge as this keeps the food chilled throughout. If your fridge is full, the unit has to work harder to circulate the air.
Try using a cool bag when purchasing chilled/frozen foods and get them home quickly.