The Campus Life Team will visit your accommodation at various points throughout the term to carry out Community Visits and Bedroom Inspections. Further information as to what these visits entail can be found below.
Guidelines for bedrooms
Residents of flats/houses are individually responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of cleanliness and safety within their own bedroom and en-suites (if applicable).
- Floor, furniture, rubbish, washbasin, mirror, walls & ceiling and general cleanliness.
- Checking non-tampering of smoke detector.
- No prohibited items, as above.
Guidelines for communal areas
You are collectively responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of cleanliness and safety within all communal areas of your flat/house in order to comply with Health and Safety requirements and the Accommodation Licence Agreement.
- Kitchen - all electrical appliances, worktops, floor covering, table & chairs, washing up, walls & ceilings.
- All rubbish and recyclables to be removed.
- Bathrooms - floors, showers/curtains, sinks, toilets, mirrors, bath (if applicable).
- Hallway/corridor or stairs - floors and walls.
- General cleanliness.
- Checking Fire Fighting Equipment is present and in full working order.
- No prohibited items such as candles, fairy lights, animals/pets or evidence of smoking within the building. Please refer to the Residents' Handbook 2018-2019 for further information.
How do I find out if I have passed or failed an inspection?
We will notify you by e-mail of the outcome of your inspection. This e-mail provides a brief summary of the inspections and the bullet points indicate areas that require further attention, either by yourselves or a member of staff.
A full copy of the inspection can be found by logging in to your Student Record and selecting ‘Accommodation Inspection’ under ‘My Tasks’.
Should you fail an inspection the area will be re-inspected the next working day, between the hours of 9.30am and 5.00pm. The summary e-mail you receive will state the date of your re-inspection as well as detailing which areas need to be improved in order to ensure that you pass.
Any areas which fail the re-inspections will be cleaned by a member(s) of the Residences Team, the next working day, between the hours of 9.30am and 5.00pm.
Cleaning charges will apply and start at £50.