Starting at University is an exciting time and we want to ensure that you find the right place to live. There are new friends to be made, new places to discover and the chance to develop many new interests. Being in University residences enables you to meet a diverse range of people from different backgrounds and cultures, on a variety of courses and you can make friends straight away.
Before you arrive
1. Complete an online application for University accommodation - how to apply for University accommodation
2. Activate your Aberystwyth University e-mail account (new students)
From July onwards, once your academic offer is unconditional, details on how to activate your Aberystwyth University email account will be sent by e-mail so please remember to regularly check your e-mails. You will need to have done this before you can accept your offer of accommodation!
3. Accept your offer of accommodation and complete your Accommodation Licence Pack including paying the £100 Acceptance Fee - What happens after I have applied for University accommodation?
4. Arrange payment for your Accommodation Fees
You will be required to do when completing your Accommodation Licence Pack - How much does University accommodation cost?
5. Residents' Handbook which will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Aberystwyth and your time living in University accommodation.
6. Complete your online accommodation pre-arrival induction programme (part of your Accommodation Licence Pack)
You will be required to complete this prior to your arrival which is also where you select an arrival date & time.
7. Upload a photo for your Aber Card (new students)
Upload a sensible photo online to ensure that when you arrive there is no delay in getting access into your accommodation.
8. Join us on Facebook
Meet other new students and get the latest updates and events on our Aberystwyth University Accommodation Office page.
9. Ensure you have £££££ - Sign and return your Student Finance Declaration form.
You can find this on your ‘My Correspondence’ Section of your Student Finance Account.
10. Download our handy checklist below so that you don't forget anything!
When can I move in?
University accommodation is available for you to move into from 09.00am on Friday 22nd September 2017.
Our Big Welcome Weekend runs from Friday 22nd - Sunday 24th September 2017 so generally students arrive during the course of the weekend.
You will be able to book an arrival date and time when completing your online pre-arrival induction programme which forms part of your Accommodation Licence Pack. If you need to change your arrival date and time then you can do this by simply logging back into the Accommodation Portal and re-select.
Staff will be available 24/7 so don't worry if you are arriving late at night, you will still be able to collect your key and check in.
Early Arrivals: Rooms will ONLY be available earlier than Friday 22nd September 2017 for:
- Students confirmed to attend Activities Week
- Students confirmed to attend the Acclimatisation Programme via Student Support Services.
- International Students who have confirmed a place on the Meet & Greet Service
Please note we will receive confirmation of all bookings on the above events and if you have not been authorised to attend then your accommodation will not be available for you to arrive earlier than Friday 22nd September 2017.
Late Arrivals: Your room will be held for you until 10.00am on Tuesday 26th September 2017 (as detailed in your Accommodation Licence Agreement). However if you are planning to arrive AFTER this date then please ensure that you complete the Late Arrivals request form during completion of your online pre-arrival induction programme. If you do not let us know your room may not be available for you.
Where should I collect my key from?
Arrivals between Monday - Friday 8.30am – 6.00pm (except for any Bank Holidays – see below):
- All Residences: The Accommodation Office, Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais, SY23 3FH.
Arrivals between Monday - Friday 6.00pm – 8.30am and weekends (including any Bank Holidays):
- All Residences: Penglais Campus Reception, SY23 3FL
Please note that all keys must be collected and signed for by you, the resident. Unfortunately we cannot issue a key to a family member or friend.
Details on where to collect your room key from September 2017 will be confirmed shortly.
During the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Big Welcome Weekend you will be able to park on Campus, without a permit, for the purpose of unloading. Members of staff will be on site to help you park.
Help us to help you, parking immediately next to the accommodation is limited and therefore during arrival weekend we limit parking in these areas to a maximum of 20 minutes to ensure that we can facilitate this service for all students. Once you have unpacked the car please re-park in one of the designated long stay car parks.
The Accommodation Office, Campus Services, Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FH
Tel: 01970 622984 | 24/7 Campus Life Helpline: 01970 622900 Email: email@example.com