Guaranteed Accommodation for 1st Year Postgraduates!
Once you have met the terms of your offer to study at Aberystwyth University and confirmed your place on the course, from mid-March onwards, the Accommodation Office will contact you by e-mail and post inviting you to apply for accommodation.
Apply by 1st September in the year of entry and respond to the offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer and you will be guaranteed a place in University owned or managed residences*.
Accommodation Applications for 2018/19 are due to open March/April 2018 - How to Apply
Why live with us?
We know that postgraduate and PhD students have different needs to Undergraduates. With this in mind, our accommodation offers you the following benefits:
- Only £100 acceptance fee
- All energy bills included
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included.
- Free Sports Centre Platinum membership for your health & wellbeing
- Insurance included
- 24/7 help and assistance- including staffed reception.
- 24/7 learning centes within easy access to your residence
- Laundry facilities on site
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre- Accommodation options
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees
- Single Licence Agreements – not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others’ rent) plus ‘Guarantors’ not required.
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available
Every effort will be made to house students in their first choice of Residence but sadly it is not always possible to meet these preferences in every case.
We recognise that some Postgraduate courses run for 52 weeks and so we offer a variety of licence lengths to suit you, but please be aware that the longest length of stay we can offer is 50 weeks.
Taking a Year Out
Students taking a year out in Industry or Abroad will still have access to their Aberystwyth University email account and therefore are asked to apply for accommodation in the same way as other current students for the following academic year. Please check your email account regularly.
Further details about these schemes can be found on the Year in Employment Scheme (YES).
Alternative Accommodation Options
As a Postgraduate student you may prefer to live in Private Sector accommodation and we offer advice and assistance on this too. We maintain a database of privately owned rented properties which you can conveniently search through online; if you need any help with your search simply get in touch with us.
If you are coming to Aberystwyth with dependents you may wish to take a look at our section on Family & Couples Accommodation.
*Terms and conditions apply; please refer to our Priorities Policy for further details.