New Postgraduate Students
GUARANTEED ACCOMMODATION FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS!*
Accommodation applications open 9am on Monday 9th April 2018
Shortly following confirmation of your place to study at Aberystwyth University, the Accommodation Office will contact you by e-mail inviting you to apply for university accommodation. Accommodation is guaranteed, for your first year, in university owned or managed residences if you apply for accommodation before 1st September in the year of entry and respond to your offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer*.
We offer a wide range of self-catered accommodation with either en-suite rooms, or flats with shared facilities along with our self-contained studios. For prices, please see our accommodation fees. Whatever your requirements, we aim to provide an option that will suit you best.
We recognise that some Postgraduate courses run for 52 weeks and so we offer a variety of licence lengths to suit you. However; please be aware that the maximum licence length we can offer is 50 weeks, where you can enjoy continuous occupation in one place.
If you need accommodation after the end of your licence please contact the Accommodation Office to discuss your options.
To find out what accommodation is available to you please compare are residences.
Why live with us?
We know that postgraduate and PhD students have different needs to Undergraduates. With this in mind, our accommodation offers you the following benefits:
- Only £100 acceptance fee.
- All energy bills included.
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included.
- Free Sports Centre Platinum membership for your health & wellbeing.
- Insurance included.
- 24/7 help and assistance- including staffed reception.
- 24/7 learning centes within easy access to your residence.
- Laundry facilities on site.
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre- Accommodation options.
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees.
- Single Licence Agreements – not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others’ rent) plus ‘Guarantors’ not required.
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms.
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available.
Alternative Accommodation Options
You may prefer to live in Private Sector Accommodation and we offer advice and assistance on this too. We maintain a database of privately owned rented properties which you can conveniently search through online; if you need any help with your search simply get in touch with us.
If you are coming to Aberystwyth with dependents you may wish to take a look at our section on family and couples accommodation.