The Seafront Residences are situated on the sea-front close to the Old College, the University’s original building. Many of the rooms embrace fine views of the sea.
The Seafront Residences house approx. 360 students and are made up of several small halls of residence, these are:
They are located in the historic terraces that form part of Aberystwyth's promenade. Each residence accommodates between 2 and 10 students in self-contained flats of single study-bedrooms with shared kitchens and bathrooms.
Students in Seafront Residences are self-catering.
Residents have the advantage that they can shop anywhere in the town, from low-cost supermarkets to specialist delicatessens and fine food outlets. Seafront residents also have easy access to the town’s many restaurants, cafes, takeaways and pubs.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Facilities & Services
The Seafront Residence's main facilities include:
- Self-catered accommodation
- Wi-Fi and wired connection
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM) - containing PC work stations, Wi-Fi, group study areas, photocopier, vending, leather sofa's
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors
- Laundry facilities
- Refuse & Recycling collection points
- Limited parking available at Ty Gwerin Hall - permit required
- Residential Support staff living in residence
What's in your Room?
Furniture & Equipment
- Single bed (3 foot) & mattress
- Desk & computer chair
- Desk lamp
- Waste bin
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge, 1 x Freezer or 1 x Fridge/Freezer - approx. half a fridge shelf or drawer and half a freezer drawer per person*
- Oven with grill & hob
- Dining table and chairs (1 chair per person)
- Sofa (in some flats)
- Ironing board
- Mop & bucket
- Dustpan & brush
- Wash basins
The above facilities are provided in a variety of combinations which may include, Shower Rooms, Toilet Cubicles or Shower Rooms including toilets.
*You are welcome to purchase your own additional fridge / freezer to be used in the kitchen. Please contact the Accommodation Office for further information.
Seafront Residences are within five minutes' walk of:
- Seafront and the coastal paths
- The Old College
- Town centre shops, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Train and bus stations
and within fifteen minutes' walk of:
- all other academic Departments
- University Libraries
- Students’ Union
- Aberystwyth Arts Centre
- University Sports Centre
- National Library of Wales
|Tŷ Gwerin||Queen’s Road
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations.
Weekly cost 2017/18
Length of licence 2017/18
Weekly cost 2018/19
Length of licence 2018/19
|Single||£96.88||39 weeks*||£96.88||39 weeks|
*From 10.00am on 22/09/2017 – 10.00am on 22/06/2018
The Accommodation Office, Campus Services, Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FH
Tel: 01970 622984 | 24/7 Campus Life Helpline: 01970 622900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org