10.5 The Undergraduate Application Process
1. Designated staff in the Undergraduate Admissions Office have authority to make offers on behalf of academic departments for the majority of undergraduate courses. (NB: Applications for foundation courses and courses in fine art are sent directly to the relevant admissions tutor for their review).
2. Offers will be made subject to receiving a complete application and in accordance with the admissions criteria defined by each academic Institute / Department in the annual offer making strategy.
3. Any application falling outside of standard criteria will be forwarded to the admissions tutor(s) within the relevant academic Institute(s) / Department(s) for their review and decision.
4. All decisions will be processed by the Undergraduate Admission Office and communicated to applicants.
5. The University has a defined set of responsibilities for all admissions officers who are based in academic departments (see Appendix A).