10.11 Offer making
1. The decision to issue any offer(s) will be dependent on the receipt of a full & complete application and subject to the admissions criteria defined by each academic Institute / Department in the annual offer making strategy.
2. The Undergraduate Admissions Office aims to process standard undergraduate applications within two weeks of receiving them. Non-standard applications which are required to be sent to academic departments may require a longer turnaround. The processing of International applications which are not complete or missing evidence may extend beyond the typical turnaround times.
3. Undergraduate offers will usually be communicated to applicants in the form of a grade offer (e.g. BBB for A level, DMM for BTEC). Where an applicant has a mix of qualifications, offers will typically be made in accordance with a UCAS tariff equivalence.
4. Applicants will be informed in regard to their offer status online (for UCAS applicants) and/or by email.
5. Applicants who are made an offer of study will receive an offer pack in the post and correspondence relating to opportunities to visit. Further correspondence (e.g. details of accommodation options) will be sent to the applicant during the summer.