10.13 Student Visas
1. Aberystwyth University is a registered ‘sponsor’ under the Tier 4 Point-Based Immigration system (PBS). This gives us the ability to recruit and sponsor students who are nationals of countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The Home Office places responsibilities on students and universities to ensure immigration laws are followed.
2. Applicants from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland will typically require a study type visa before they can enrol and study on a course at the University.
3. Applicants applying for a Tier 4 visa will require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the University. Prior to issuing a CAS, the University will undertake a checklist which includes:
- Evidence of how the academic decision has been made
- A copy of the offer letter outlining full course title and course dates
- A copy of academic qualifications reviewed in reaching an offer decision
- Evidence of valid English language proficiency
- A copy of the applicant’s valid passport
- Financial evidence checks
- Confirmation that the applicant has supplied a financial deposit to the University
- Receipt of an Academic Technology Approved Scheme (ATAS) certificate (if applicable)
Following completion of the CAS checklist, a draft CAS will be issued by the University.
4. When an applicant confirms the draft as correct, a CAS will be assigned and the Home Office will then issue a CAS number to the University. This number will be forwarded to the applicant. (NB: A Tier 4 application cannot be made more than three months before the start date of a course).
Enquiries relating to the University’s Visa, Immigration and Compliance policies should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org