AberPreneurs - Turning Business Ideas into Reality
Aberystwyth University supports students, graduates and staff who wish to start new businesses, particularly where these businesses are related to the knowledge and expertise of the University.
'AberPreneurs' helps clients with information,
advice, training and funding.
Enterprise Events 2018
- Wed 7th Feb 2.00-3.30 Business Research & Library skills session - Exec Boardroom Visualisation Centre. Learn how to effectively research and find information about existing businesses.
- Wed 14th Feb 2.30-4.30 Networking Workshop - Lynne Orton - Exec Boardroom Visualisation Centre. Lynne Orton from 'BizNet Wales' (Big Ideas Wales) will show you how to successfully network for your Business Start-up or Social Enterprise.
- Wed 21st Feb 2.30-4.30 Ideas Generation Workshop - BIW - Exec Boardroom Visualisation Centre. If you have always wanted to start your own business or social enterprise but don't have that 'Big Idea', this Brainstorming workshop is for you.
- Wed 28th Feb 2.30-4.30 Photographer Peter Price talks about his business. Exec Boardroom Visualisation Centre. Come and hear how Peter started and became successful as a freelance photographer.
- Wed 7th March 2.30-4.30 - Angharad Woodland talks about business & the law. This will give you all the information you need on legalities of running your business. http://www.woodlanddavies.com/about-us.php
- Wed 14th March 2.30-4.30 - Digital Marketing Masterclass - Dr Ian Harris presents a masterclass in Digital Marketing covering all aspects you may need for starting a new business or for an existing enterprise.
- Wed 25th April 2.30-4.30 - Networking Workshop - Lynne Orton - Exec Boardroom Visualisation Centre. Lynne Orton from 'BizNet Wales' (Big Ideas Wales) will show you how to successfully network for your Business Start-up or Social Enterprise.
To Book your place email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mon 19th March - All Day - Judging InvEnterPrize 2018
'Business Start-Up Week' 2018
There will be masterclasses from Big Ideas Wales covering Market Research, Marketing & Bookkeeping & Financial Control.
Big Ideas Wales role models will be sharing their experiences of 'Start-up' and running a successful business.
We will also be covering:
- Intellectual Property,
- Legal aspects of running a business,
- Digital Marketing
June 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th - IBERS NEW Room 0.33
A detailed schedule will be posted soon!
FREE One to one 'Business Mentoring' available, to book email: email@example.com
'AberPreneurs' offer a range of activities to support enterprise:
- Business Start-Up and Enterprise Support
- Enterprise Events
- Inspirational Talks
- One-to-one Mentoring
- Funding Advice
- Useful Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Websites
Getting in Contact:
If you have a business idea and would like some advice contact:
Louise Somerfield - Enterprise Administrator
T: 01970 622378
Enterprise and business start-up support at Aberystwyth University is supported through the Mid Wales Enterprise Hub. The Mid Wales Enterprise Hub is one of six Regional hubs established by the Welsh Government to drive it's commitment to encourage youth entrepreneurship in Wales.