The Aber Opportunities Network
The Aber Opportunities Network (AON) is an exciting initiative between the Development & Alumni Relations Office and the University's Careers Service. The aim is to dramatically improve the support given to the employability agenda for the benefit of our students and recent graduates.
In a nutshell, the AON links students and young graduates with the wealth and breadth of experience within our network of alumni both in the UK and around the world. We are tapping into the wellspring of affection within the alumni body to provide:
- Careers mentoring, talks and advice
- Work experience and placements
- Industrial years and internships
How alumni help current and recent students
- Aberystwyth eMentoring is an online platform that allows Aber alumni to offer career mentoring and guidance to current students and young graduates.
- If you would like to talk to us about offering employability help to our students and recent graduates we would love to hear from you - please email email@example.com or phone 01970 62 1568 and we can discuss the best way to proceed.
How we help students and recent graduates
- Our Careers Service collates the responses from our alumni and follows up on offers of help to create a pool of opportunities ranging from short work placements to permanent jobs. Students and recent graduates looking for such opportunities should get in touch with the Careers Service by clicking here.