Facilities with EOED:
EOED has a wide range of high-tech facilities including, which are available to all members of the group and for MSc and undergraduate dissertations.
- A dedicated research laboratory with high performance Mac OSX and PC work stations.
- A dedicated 22 seat teaching laboratory with high performance due boot Windows and Linux system.
- 100 Tb of dedicated storage.
- 2Tb dedicated hihg FTP
- Dedicated high performance processing UNIX 12 core machines
- Access to the High Performance Computing (HPC) centre for Wales (HPC Wales).
- ASD FieldSpec 4 spectroradiometer with full range of 350 – 2500 nm.
- ASD HandHeld 2 Portable Spectroradiometer with range of 325-1075 nm.
- Leica ScanStation terrestrial laser scanner
- Leica and Trimble GPS and total station survey instruments
- Quadcopter UAV with Go Pro video camera
- Black, White and Grey Calibration targets
- Erdas Imagine
- IDL ENVI
- ISIS flood modelling software
- Lecia Cyclone
Support Free and Open Source Software:
- RSGISLib (developed in house)
- SPDLib (developed in house)
- ARCSI (developed in house)
- KEALib (developed in house)
- TuiView (developed with collaborators)
- RIOS (developed by collaborators)
- ORFEO Toolbox (OTB)
- QGIS (CPD courses available)
Dr Peter Bunting, Geography and Earth Sciences, Aberystwyth University, Llandinam Building, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DB Wales
Tel: +44 (0)1970 622615 Fax: +44 (0)1970 622659 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org