The Department of History and Welsh History invite you to their University Taster Day on Tuesday 11th July 2017.
You will be able to find out more about studying History with us, and about History more generally. Highlights include
- A tour of the National Library of Wales
- A chance to talk with current students and see the town
- Practical sessions on how we study History at university
The finer details
- The Taster Day kicks off at 12.45. We’ll meet in the foyer of the Department in the Hugh Owen Building, located on the main University Penglais Campus. After a brief introduction we will then make the short walk to the National Library of Wales, where you will receive a buffet lunch.
- During the Taster Day we’ll visit locations in and around Aberystwyth. There will be staff-led projects and student activities throughout the afternoon which, in addition to subsequent discussions, will provide greater insight into studying History at university.
- Our lecturers will ensure that you arrive back on Penglais Campus at around 18.00 to freshen up for the evening buffet, provided by the Institute of Geography, History, Politics and Psychology.
We will be out for a significant period of time during the afternoon. Whilst the weather is usually settled and warm, we know what British summers can be like... So, we’ve listed both essential and suggested items for you:
- Sturdy and comfortable footwear.
- Showerproof jacket.
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sun cream).
- Snacks and plenty of fluid for the afternoon.
- A camera.
- A small notepad and pencil.
Also, while everything is provided for you, consider bringing a small amount of cash should you want to buy an ice cream on the prom!