IBERS has a long history of substantial investment in facilities and resources.
As a result, staff and students in IBERS enjoy access to a formidable range of state-of-the-art equipment in first-class-laboratories. In addition, the geographic location of IBERS brings unrivalled access to natural habitats and managed landscapes. All of this is complemented by the excellent library resources (including the nearby National Library of Wales) and IT network available to the University as a whole.
Principal IBERS Facilities
- Aquarium systems for both marine and freshwater organisms
- Extensive equine facilities including an international-sized indoor riding arena
- National Plant Phenomics Centre (NPPC)
- Advanced microscopy and bio-imaging laboratory facilities for DNA sequencing, metabolomics and proteomics
- Botany gardens with a wide range of temperate and tropical plants
- Physiology laboratory for health and performance
- Movement analysis laboratory for health and performance
- Scientific support for athletes
- Well-being and health assessment research unit (WARU)
More information on our two campus locations can be found on the links below: