A School-University Partnership Initiative: The Sustainability Network Wales (SusNet) Project
The project is funded by Research Councils UK.
IBERS is the lead AU institute delivering this project and offers ‘A’ level students:
Research-led short academic units to enhance and excite the A level curriculum in:
- Biology (Professor Jo Hamilton)
- Chemistry (Dr Ifat Parveen)
- Sports and Exercise Science (Dr Rhys Thatcher)
- A blended learning approach which includes face-to-face contact time (such as practical sessions) and on-line learning activities
- A fun, informal and interactive learning environment
- Funding to cover student travel and refreshments
Units are taught at a convenient time for students and teachers (for example this year schools have requested some units are taught out of school hours).
Funding is also available to cover teacher supply costs and develop continuing professional development courses
If you are a school, college, student or interested parent and would like more information about the SusNet project then please contact Dr Paula Hughes email@example.com.
Photographs featured show Students from Coleg Ceredigion taking part in the Sport and Exercise Science unit