Copyright Agreement and Acknowledgement
In applying for your Abercard you agree to observe the Rules and Regulations of Information Services (http://www.inf.aber.ac.uk/regulations/ or on request). This includes agreeing to the following declarations with regard to copyright:
I undertake to observe the provisions of the Copyright Act 1988 (as amended) and the Copyright Licensing Agreement. I undertake to indemnify Aberystwyth University against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands and costs (including any legal costs or expenses properly incurred and any compensation costs and disbursements paid by the University on the advice of their legal advisers to compromise or settle any claim) occasioned by the University in consequence of any breach of copyright committed by me when using the photocopying facilities of the University. I also promise to complete a declaration form before photocopying any periodical article or short extract from a book in any of the University libraries.
Use of copyright software, databases and remote electronic resources
I agree that my usage of any software, computer readable dataset or courseware or other similar material, hereinafter referred to as “the product”, issued or otherwise made available to me by the Institution of which I am a student or member of staff is subject to the following conditions:
- I will ensure that all the requirements of the agreements, contracts and licences under which the Product is held by the Institution will be maintained. (Copies of the relevant agreements, contracts and licences may be seen by application to the School or department which made the Product available).
- I will adhere to the regulations governing the use of any service involved in the provision of access to the Product whether these services are controlled by my own institution or by some other organisation.
- I will not remove or alter the Copyright Statement on any copies of the Product used by me.
- I will ensure the security and confidentiality of any copy released to me, and will not make any further copies from it or knowingly permit others to do so, unless permitted to do so under the relevant licence.
- I will use the Product for purposes defined by, and only on computer systems covered by the agreement, contract or licence.
- I will only incorporate the Product, or part thereof, in any work, program or article produced by me, where this is permitted by the licence or by ‘Fair Dealing’.
- I will only incorporate some part or version of the Product in any work produced by me with the express permission of the Licensor or unless this is permitted under the Agreement.
- I will not reverse engineer or decompile the software products or attempt to do so unless this is explicitly permitted within the terms of the Agreement for the use of the Product.
- I will return or destroy all copies of the Product at the end of the course/year/ period of employment or when requested to do so.
Aberystwyth University reserves the right to take legal action against individuals who cause it to be involved in legal proceedings as a result of the violation of its licensing agreements.
Dr Jonathan Davies, Data Protection & Copyright Manager, Information Services, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 628592 Fax: 01970 622404 Email: email@example.com