Foundation and Pre-Masters Scholarships for international students 2015-16
Scholarships (in the form of discounts on undergraduate or postgraduate fees) are available to international students who complete an International Foundation Certificate or a Pre-Masters Programme at the University’s International English Centre (IEC).
International students who successfully complete an IEC International Foundation Certificate at the level required for entry into their department at Aberystwyth University will receive a £2,000 a year reduction on undergraduate fees, up to a total of £6,000.
International students who complete an IEC Pre-Masters course at the level required for entry onto their MA / MSc / LLM at Aberystwyth University will receive a scholarship in the form of a £1,500 reduction on their Masters fees.
- The Foundation Scholarships are for students applying to study a full degree (not gaining entry to Years 2 or 3 of the course).
- The Foundation Scholarships are worth £2,000 for each year of study for undergraduates, up to a maximum of £6,000.
- The Pre-Masters Scholarships are for students applying to study an MA / MSc / LLM.
- The Pre-Masters Scholarships are worth £1,500.
- Students must have applied to Aberystwyth by 30th June, and subsequently placed us as their firm choice of University.
- These Scholarships are open to international applicants who are normally resident overseas, are self-funding and who pay fees at the international rate. These scholarships are not available to EU students, or to students who are sponsored by their government.
- It is not necessary to apply for the Scholarship – if a student is eligible, a Scholarship will automatically be allocated to them, and they will be informed before the start of term if they have been awarded one.
- These Scholarships are awarded on the understanding that candidates do not intend to remain in the UK after completion of their studies.
- These Scholarships cannot be held at the same time as any other Aberystwyth University Scholarship. If a student is in receipt of two Aberystwyth University Scholarships, s/he will receive the one of highest financial value.