Incoming Erasmus Students
Aberystwyth University welcomes well over 100 exchange students from over 15 countries around Europe into a wide range of academic departments.
In order to undertake an Erasmus study exchange period at the Aberystwyth University, there must be a current Bilateral Agreement in place between the departments of partner institutions.
How to apply
1) Firstly, see what links Aberystwyth University has with your home university. You can see a list of our current partners here.
2) In order to be nominated to Aberystwyth University, please contact your home University's Study Abroad Office for information on our application process. To nominate students, our partners should contact the Study Abroad Office via email@example.com using this template: Incoming Nominations Template
3) Once we have received your nomination from your home university, students are then asked to complete and send the Incoming Students Record Form (see below), a Learning Agreement signed by the students' home university and their Transcript of records.
4) Any quieries regarding academic modules and Learning Agreements should be directed to your departmental coordinator. Details for which can be seen by clicking here.
Nomination Deadline (by partner institutions): April 25th 2017
Application Deadline (by students): May 11th 2017
Nomination Deadline (by partner institutions): October 10th 2017
Application Deadline (by students): October 24th 2017
Please see our information sheet for help with completing your documents Erasmus+ Information Sheet
Once you have been nominated by your home University, please complete and return this Incoming records form:Incoming Student Record
Full list of modules available to exchange students is provided in the link below: list of modules available in 2017,18
For Academic Enquiries, contact your departmental coordinator. The list can be viewed here.
Students are advised to take the equivalent of 60 Aberystwyth Credits per semester. This is equivalent to 30 ECTS.
Note: The final module choices are always done at registration.
We require that you return this form completed with your details and enclosed with an updated transcript of studies to the Study Abroad email address listed below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aberystwyth University is able to guarantee a place in University accommodation for Erasmus students visiting Aberystwyth University for 2017/2018!
As soon as your place to study at Aberystwyth University is confirmed you will be contacted inviting you to apply for accommodation. To qualify for guaranteed accommodation you must apply by 1st August. Please note that a place in University accommodation is guaranteed, but not a specific type of room or location and that Accommodation Licence Periods do apply.
Please note: If you are a second semester incoming student you will be contacted around the end of October with information regarding how to apply for University Accommodation.
Further information about accommodation can be found here: Accommodation Office website.
Do you have questions about coming to study with us at Aberystwyth University? Are you confused about the visa application process or how to apply for accommodation? Please read the Aberystwyth University guide for incoming exchange students for information on your stay in Aberystwyth: Aberystwyth University Guide For Incoming Students