How To Apply
1. Decide where you want to go: Departmental Links:
2. Check availability with your academic co-ordinator: Departmental Co-Ordinator.
3. Check deadlines. Please note that only students nominated by their departmental co-ordinator can apply for an Erasmus+ placement. Deadlines may vary from department to department and can be as early as February.
4. Once nominated, please complete a ‘Grant Application’ form, found in the Documents section of our website. This may be scanned to email@example.com or brought to our office.
5. Documents: there are several documents to complete before going on your mobility. Please see the Documents page of our website for Outgoing E+ students.
6. Finally, you will be required to attend a pre-departure meeting before term ends. (You will be notified of available date.)
*Please note: We will consider applications from PG students if the application is supported by the academic supervisor/course leader. Please provide a letter of support with the application form.
The successful participation in European exchange schemes is greatly facilitated if you are fluent in the relevant European language. At Aberystwyth you are able to pursue a number of European Languages at a beginners’ level alongside or as part of your main degree subject. This provides you with a valuable preparation for your exchange visit. The benefits to you of a period abroad, either working or studying, include a working knowledge of the language and culture of another country and greater self-confidence. In addition employers are increasingly conscious of the value of the skills and attitudes which result from such experiences.
For more information on the Erasmus programme, please see the links below:
After completing your mobility you are required to complete a final report. A link to the online final report/questionnaire will be sent to your AU Email account after you submit your attendance certificate.