Type of link
Number of Students
Rikkyo University is spread across 2 different campuses in Japan; the Ikebukuro Campus in Tokyo and the Niiza Campus in the Saitama Prefecture. Both campuses boast a variety of academic/non-academic departmental buildings, libraries, eateries, sports centres, stores, places of worship etc.
All courses are offered in English. Students from any academic department are eligible to apply at the discretion of their department’s exchange coordinator.
There are a number of courses available
- College of Arts
- College of Intercultural Communication
- College of Economics
- College of Business
- College of Science
- College of Sociology
- College of Law & Politics
- College of Tourism
- College of Community & Human Services
- College of Contemporary Psychology
There are a range of accommodation options available at Rikkyo. Rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis so it is important to get your application in as soon as possible.
There is accommodation specifically designed for international students available here
- The closest airports to the university is Haneda Airport and a bit further away is Narita International Airport, both airports are situated in Greater Tokyo.
- Heathrow has a direct link with Haneda Airport and the journey lasts just under 12 hours.
- Heathrow doesn’t have a direct link with Narita, you will need to change flights (the list of cities that you will have a layover in varies)
How to Apply
All students wishing to go on an exchange to Rikkyo must apply through Aberystwyth University as they must first be nominated by the international office and students usually go in the second semester of their second year unless they have special permission from their department.