Why study at Aberystwyth?
- Founded in 1872, Aberystwyth University is the oldest university in Wales. Today, beautiful old buildings remind students of our history.
- The University is a centre of excellence for teaching and research, with many departments producing world leading research and teaching in their fields.
- Aberystwyth is one of the safest places to study in the UK (The Complete University Guide).
- Unique small town location with a fantastic community feel and vibrant culture.
- Located in a beautiful seaside town, the university is a gateway to the great outdoors. From surfing to Horse Riding, we have it covered.
- The cost of living is low and Tuition Fees are competitive.
- You will receive a warm welcome from both staff and students. From the moment you apply, you will be looked after by our team who are dedicated to helping you make the most of your experience in Wales.
- Easily accessible from Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and London.
Aberystwyth and the surrounding area
- The University guarantees a place in University accommodation for International Students either on campus or at our seafront residences. There is also a large private sector for housing within the town itself. There is housing to suit all budgets.
- Everywhere in Aber is walkable so your transport costs during your stay will be virtually non- existent.
- The town offers a large variety of places to eat and drink as well as several supermarkets for those who like to cook for themselves.
- The castle, built in the 13th century, is a great place to hang out with friends and watch our famous sunsets.
- Aberystwyth is a centre of national and regional, cultural and commercial importance; a campus combining one of only six copyright libraries in Britain with an on-site Arts Centre and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The beach is a great place to relax and enjoy the view, if you’re lucky you may spot a bottlenose dolphin or porpoise. There are several sites of special scientific interest in the area, and you’ll regularly see Red Kites flying over the campuses.
- Our town is friendly and welcoming, with a great mix of people, as well as a great mix of shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs.
Sara KinslowSara Kinslow, an undergraduate Biological Sciences student from Brown University in the US had a semester-long stay at Aberystwyth. Sara's views on studying at Aberystwyth