All University Halls of Residence have internet access via a wired Ethernet network socket in every study bedroom as the primary internet connection.
Our wireless network (eduroam) is also available as a secondary connection in many locations: with coverage throughout all University administrative and teaching buildings; Aberglasney, Balmoral, Blaenwen, Brynderw, Caerleon, Carpenter, Ceredigion, Clarendon, Cwrt Mawr, Fferm Penglais, Glyndwr, Lon Hendre, Penbryn, Pentre Jane Morgan, Pumlumon, Rosser, Trefloyne, Ty Gwerin Halls of Residence; the Student Union building and the Arts Centre.
Access to the Student Network is available to registered users at Aberystwyth University.
Your use of the network
Network Access is provided in support of the academic aims of the University. While a limited amount of non-academic use is permitted as a privilege to our users, this has to comply with:
- JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- Information Services Regulations
- Information Services Guidelines on the use of the Aberystwyth University Network
You should familiarise yourself with what these contain.
Connecting your computer to the network
To connect your computer to the network you will need:
- to have an Aberystwyth University IT account
- a computer with a network card
- a computer running Windows Vista or later versions, Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or above, Linux with 802.1x supplicant
- an RJ45 network cable (for wired connections) - these are Sales of Consumables
Help and Support
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com