EndNote online (was EndNote Web) is an online bibliographic referencing application for
- gathering bibliographic references from library catalogues and electronic resources
- amending, managing and storing references
- formatting the references from a range of citation styles provided
- exporting the references as footnotes, endnotes and bibliographies into Microsoft Word documents
It is freely available and an enhanced version is available to Aberystwyth University staff and students.
Start with EndNote online
Ensure that you sign up using your Aberystwyth University username but NOT your Aberystwyth University password; choose a different one for EndNote online.
If you are using your own computer, or a computer in a University office or lab, you must also download the plug-ins so that you can capture references from web pages, cite references in Word and help export references from databases into EndNote online (this has already been done in campus computer rooms and libraries).
Do this by clicking Download Installers (find this link at the end of every page in EndNote online) and following the instructions.
Guides to using EndNote online
- Step-by-step videos: all you need to know about using EndNote online
FAQs: using EndNote online
- How do I gather Primo search results from within EndNote?
- What can I do if my EndNote online references don't appear properly in Word?
- I can't find an EndNote connection file or import filters for the resource I am using, what should I do?
- How do I download references from Google Scholar into EndNote?
- Click on the Help button in EndNote online
- FAQs Clarivate Analytics
- Alfasoft (AdeptScience) Knowledge Base
- Thomson Reuters EndNote user forum
Where can I get help, support and training locally in the use of EndNote?
Please contact the AU subject librarians firstname.lastname@example.org / 01970621896 with any requests for
- help, advice and support when using EndNote online
- hands-on training with EndNote online for groups or individuals
- finding/providing connection files, filters and styles (including custom styles) in EndNote online at AU
Overview presentations of bibliographic referencing software are also available via the optional Free Undergraduate Courses and Postgraduate study practices programmes, and as part of postgraduate research training provided by the AU Graduate School.
Joy Cadwallader, Subject Support and E-Library Team, Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 1908 Fax: 01970 62 2404 Email: email@example.com