EndNote is a desktop bibliographic referencing application for
- gathering bibliographic references from online databases and OPACs
- amending, managing and storing references
- formatting the references from a range of citation styles provided
- exporting the references as footnotes, endnotes and bibliographies into Microsoft Word documents
Find or buy EndNote at Aberystwyth University
EndNote is available to use in computer rooms on campus
- click on the Start button > All Programs > Word Processing > EndNote
Students and staff can buy the most recent version of EndNote for their own computer online.
An online version of EndNote is freely available, with enhanced features added on for Aberystwyth University students and staff.
Using EndNote with electronic resources at AU
- Download references from Primo to EndNote
- Download references from other electronic information resources available at AU to EndNote
- Download references from CADAIR to EndNote
- Download references from GoogleScholar to EndNote
- Download connection files and filters for further electronic resources e.g. Primo, to your computer
It is not currently possible to download references from Primo to EndNote.
What can I do if my EndNote references don't appear properly in Word?
Follow the instructions in this FAQ
EndNote FAQs and online advice
There are detailed FAQs available online at the EndNote website:
Further detailed help and documentation is available in the Support and Services pages at the EndNote website
Find the Thomson Scientific forums here:
(choose the EndNote forum) where EndNote users discuss issues arising from their use of EndNote. The previous Endnote discussion list was located at AdeptScience who continue to index new forum entries and maintain a list archive back to May 2000 here: http://lists.adeptscience.co.uk/endnote/
Where can I get help, support and training locally in the use of EndNote?
Please contact the AU subject librarians email@example.com / 01970621896 for
- help, advice and support when using EndNote at the University
- arranging EndNote training for students or staff
- finding/providing connection files and filters
- customising output styles for use in EndNote
Joy Cadwallader, Subject Support and E-Library Team, Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 1908 Fax: 01970 62 2404 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org