News & Events
The collections that were housed in the Thomas Parry Library have now all been relocated to the Hugh Owen Library.
All collections and services are available from the Hugh Owen Library
If you have any questions or comments please contact Information Services
Information Services will be replacing the computers in all centrally timetabled teaching rooms, computer rooms and libraries during the summer vacation 2018.
For more information please see: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/2664
Information Services wishes everyone an enjoyable summer vacation. Details on borrowing from the library over the summer can be found below:
- Standard Loan: From Monday, 21st May 2018 until Friday, 28th September 2018
- Three Day Loan: From Wednesday, 30th May 2018 until Friday, 28th September 2018
- Short Loan: Usual loan periods apply
For library opening times over summer, please check the libraries' webpages: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/opening-hours/
Most AU e-resources and e-journals can be accessed on-campus, or off-campus using VPN, without the need for a password. Access requirements for each resource are given in our ElecInfo A-Z list, E-journals @Aber and Primo.
- Using Aber VPN - Recommended for off-campus access - Use VPN to become part of the campus network, without being physically connected to it.
- Using Federated Access Management, Shibboleth and Institutional Access - required by some resources, or when using Primo.
- Resource-specific username and password list - for resources that require a specific username/password.
More information available at: Working Off-Campus
30/07/2018Information Services including all libraries will close at 5.30pm on Friday 24th August and will reopen at 8.30am on Tuesday 28th August. During this time The Lounge @ Rosser, The Lounge @ PJM and Joseph Parry Computer Room will remain available for users with an Aber Card to swipe into.
The supplementary examination timetable is available on the timetabling web site: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/timetable/exam-timetable/
Please note that, unless otherwise stated on the timetable, online examinations will be held in Cledwyn G24.
For further guidance regarding examinations, you may wish to contact your departmental examination officer: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/timetable/exam-officers/
10/07/2018You can now register for the sixth annual Learning and Teaching Conference. This year’s Learning and Teaching conference has the theme Stepping up Students’ Learning and will be taking place between Tuesday 11th and Thursday 13th September 2018. A draft copy of the programme is available here.
Information Services wishes everyone an enjoyable break.
Information Services will operate vacation opening hours from Sunday 3rd June until Friday 21st September 2018:
Hugh Owen Library
- The Hugh Owen Library will close at 6pm on Saturday 2nd June and will be open Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 during the summer vacation
- The Hugh Owen Library will be open from 10am to 6pm every weekend in September, and until 10pm on weekdays from 3rd September
Thomas Parry Library
- The Thomas Parry Library will close at 6pm on Saturday 2nd June and will be open Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 during the summer vacation
- The Thomas Parry Library will be closed from 5:30pm on Friday 10th August onwards
Physical Sciences Library
- The Physical Sciences Library is open Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 during the summer vacation
Every library will be closed on Monday, the 27th August which is a Bank Holiday.
04/06/2018A reminder that Information Services carries out essential maintenance on the University’s ICT services on Tuesday mornings. Access to all services, including email and web access, must be considered "At Risk" between 7am and 10am. Further information at: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/94 We apologise for any inconvenience.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com