Dr Adam Vellender
MMath (Wales), PhD (Aberystwyth)
Born and raised in Gloucestershire, Adam Vellender was educated at Pate's Grammar School, Cheltenham and then the University of Wales, Aberystwyth. He graduated with First Class Honours in his MMath degree in 2009 and then embarked upon Ph.D studies in Aberystwyth under the supervision of Prof. Gennady Mishuris, which he completed in 2013 with his thesis entitled "Mathematical modelling of crack problems in bi-material structures containing imperfect interfaces using the weight function technique". Adam is now a Research Lecturer in IMPACS, conducting research into mathematical modelling of solids while also lecturing applied mathematics and statistics undergraduate modules.
- MA11210 - Differential Equations
- MA26600 - Applied Statistics
- MA26620 - Applied Statistics
- MA34110 - Partial Differential Equations
- MA34210 - Asymptotic Methods in Mechanics
- Mathematical modelling of solids containing cracks and imperfect interfaces
- Weight function techniques using the Wiener-Hopf method
- Waves in complex structures
- Singular integral equations.