|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||Lectures / workshop: 2 hours x 10 weeks|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (2500 WORDS)||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (2500 WORDS) A new title will be set.||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an awareness of the subject content and curriculum of Drama at Key Stage 3;
2. Critically discuss issues pertinent to the planning and delivery of Drama;
3. Critically draw upon lesson observations and team teaching (where appropriate) with the view of enhancing their knowledge and confidence in the Option Method (Drama).
The content themes for the 10 weeks (over two semesters) are as follows and will draw on examples of learning and teaching resources that are applicable to the teaching of Drama.
1. An understanding of the diverse learning needs of pupils
2. Knowledge and understanding of Drama at Key Stage 3
3. Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum, including Cwricwlwm Cymreig
4. Knowledge and understanding of external assessment at Key Stages 3
5. The ability to use ICT effectively
6. Knowledge and understanding of class management strategies
7. The ability to plan and prepare resources for effective lessons which are challenging and relevant to all pupils
8. The ability to teach lessons which are structured, varied, motivating and interactive
9. The ability to differentiate to meet the needs of all pupils
10. The ability to monitor, assess and record pupils' progress
The Learning & Teaching (Drama) Option Method Course has been designed to meet the expectations of The National Assembly for Wales circular 41/2006. Within this module trainees will be required to demonstrate a grasp of the subject content as well as policies and issues pertinent to the planning and teaching of Drama.
This module is at CQFW Level 6