|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Exam||3 Hours||70%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Recognize selected poems from the Dafydd ap Gwilym canon.
2. Critically discuss and analyse selected poems, placing them in their wider historical and social context.
3. Display a knowledge and understanding of the latest scholarship relating to Dafydd ap Gwilym and his contemporaries.
4. Apply some critical approaches to the poetry of Dafydd ap Gwilym.
5. Display an awareness of the history of the bardic order in medieval Wales and an undertanding of fourteenth-century versecraft.
A study of the poetry of Dafydd ap Gwilym in its literary and social context. The module will include a study of cynghanedd and of the technical and literary features of the cywydd metre.
This module is at CQFW Level 7