- Dr Jane Wellens (Head of Graduate School - University of Nottingham)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Workshop||1 x 9 Hour Workshop|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Contribution to a public engagement event||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Same public engagement material as before, suported by a smaller event / presentation||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Have an understanding of public engagement, and engagement events.
2. Have an understanding on how their research can generate impact.
3. Generate public engagement aspects/events/material.
4. Have an understanding of how to capture, audit and evaluate engagement.
This module will form an integral part of a suite of RT masters courses being developed across the University. Through this module Masters and PhD students will gain a broad knowledge of a range of transferable skills which they can apply in a variety of research contexts.
In recent years RCUK has placed additional emphasis on the importance of public engagement and impact and this module will allow PHD students to explore key aspects.
Part one will be an intensive single day workshop.
Part two will be a contribution to a public engagement event.
This module is at CQFW Level 7