|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminar||22 x 1 Hour Seminars|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Oral Examination:||20%|
|Semester Assessment||Continuous Assessment: weekly/fortnightly written assignments||20%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours Written Exam||60%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours written exam||100%|
On the successful completion of this module:
1. You will be able to hold a conversation in Irish with confidence.
2. You will be able to follow simple lectures in Irish.
3. You will be able to participate in discussion through the medium of Irish.
4. You will have an extensive knowledge of grammar.
5. You will be able to distinguish features of the major dialect groupings.
6. You will have read several selections of contemporary prose and poetry.
7. You will be able to discuss the literary and social contexts of the selected texts.
8. You will be able to write short compositions in simple, correct Irish.
This course is aimed at those who wish to consolidate their existing knowledge of Irish, partly through the study of literary texts and partly through linguistic exercises.
This module is at CQFW Level 4