- Professor Peter Lloyd (Professor - Southampton Solent University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||1 x 1 Hour Lecture|
|Tutorial||11 x 6 Hour Tutorials|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||You must resubmit the failed component in the form of a new portfolio of work Portfolio:||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. produce a portfolio of work demonstrating thematic, stylistic, and very good technical coherence and quality (Aims: C, D, E, F, G, I, J)
2. produce a portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability beyond competence in the basic techniques of black and white photography and competence in a rnage of materials related to photographic manipulation (Aims: A, B)
3. articulate the processes by which you have arrived at the final portfolio including reference to contemporary practice (Aims: C, D, H, I)
Relation to Assessment
Outcomes 1-3 are assessed through tutorials and the final portfolio assessment
Further technologies are explored as an extension of AR20720 and AR20830. Individual projects and tutorials deal with both the desire for personal expression and the acquisition of skills and knowledge of methods and materials.
B. explore creative photographic applications through set briefs, workshops and tutorials.
C. explore the possibilities of photography as a medium of document, reference and creative imaging.
D. develop a personal, individual, and imaginative response to subject matter
E. acquire and refine appropriate technical dexterity and stylistic concerns
F. produce a body of work that demonstrates conceptual and technical coherence, and the ability to sustain a commitment to subject over a period.
G. possess a productive response to work
H. articulate verbally the criteria by which the body of work is made and should be judged
I. develop analytical and diagnostic abilities
J. define a field of action
Week 2: Tutorials
Week 3: Tutorials
Week 4: Open Tutorials
Week 5: Colour printing workshop
Week 6: Mid-term assessment - Group Feedback Tutorial
Week 7: Tutorials
Week 8: Van Dyke Brownprint workshop
Week 9: Tutorials
Week 10: Tutorials
Week 11: Final Group Feedback Tutorial
- Self-directed project work -- through the production of a portfolio of work
- Oral skills -- in the context of individual and assessment tutorials
- Careers needs awareness - N/A
- Self-management -- through a series of one-to-one tutorials in which the principles of matching a program of work to a fixed period of time are imparted. The student'r success in this respect is measured by the extent to which the program of work was completed within the prescribed time.
- Group activity - in the group tutorial where the students make assessments of each others work.
This module is at CQFW Level 5