We offer a number of courses and qualifications at postgraduate level within the broad area of information studies. Central to all of these subjects is an interest in how people and information connect. This can range from a child using a library, a doctor working in a hospital, a lawyer researching a case, to a citizen's right to information about their government.
We are also interested in how culture is shared in society, through access to books in libraries, artefacts in museums and historical documents in archives. The Department has a long and prestigious history in providing education and skills for professional library staff throughout the world.
You can study with us on campus or by distance learning. Our graduates work in libraries, schools, hospitals, businesses, government departments and record offices. Their skills are highly valued by a wide range of employers both nationally and internationally.
- Archive Administration (MA/Diploma by Distance Learning)
- Information and Library Studies (BSc by Distance Learning) - Undergraduate
- Information and Library Studies (MA/Diploma by Distance Learning) - Postgraduate
- Information Governance and Assurance (MSc/Diploma by Distance Learning)
- International Archives Records and Information Management (MA/Diploma by Distance Learning)
- Management of Library and Information Services (MSc/Diploma by Distance Learning)
We also offer a number of Short Courses by Online Distance Learning