Psychology Taster Days for pre-applicants
The Department of Psychology invite you to their University Taster Day on Friday 14th September.
We will cover a range of activities designed to familiarise you with the Psychology department, and the local surroundings whilst enriching your A level knowledge.
- Read the finer details and FAQs below.
- Register for our September 15th Open Day > English / Cymraeg
- Click here to register your place on our Taster Day.
The finer details
The Taster Day kicks off at 12.30. We’ll meet in the foyer of P5, located on the main University Penglais Campus and after welcoming you to the Psychology department, we will take you to lunch at the University’s TaMedDa Restaurant.
During the Taster Day we’ll run a number of activities in the Psychology department. These will be staff-led projects which will enrich your current studies at A-Level/ Further Education.
What to bring
During your stay with us, you might like to explore the campus and town and whilst the weather at this time of year is usually settled and warm, we know what British weather can be like... So, we’ve listed both essential and suggested items for you:
- Comfortable footwear and clothing suitable for walking.
- Showerproof jacket.
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sun cream).
- A notepad and pencil/pen.
- Some casual clothing for the buffet in the evening (in case you get wet and need to change!)
Also consider bringing:
- A small amount of cash in case you would like to purchase anything whilst in the town or on campus
Q. I'm a teacher, can I bring a group of students along?
A. Absolutely! Please contact us directly to arrange the logistics.
Q. My family/guardians want to travel for the Taster Day too, can they come?
A. By all means, yes! The Taster Day itself is open to students only, staff can recommend various sights to see so they can take some time to enjoy the town.
Q. What time should I/we arrive?
A. The Taster Day begins at 12.30. We will meet in Penbryn 5 (home of Psychology) and take you to lunch with the aim of beginning the activities proper at 13.30.
Q. What time does the Taster Day finish?
A. We will aim to wrap up the activities by 17.00.
For further information, or to express an interest in our Taster Day, please contact Annamarie Arden at email@example.com