Research Ethics & Integrity Officer
Office: Research, Business & Innovation, Top floor, Visualisation Centre, Penglais
Phone: +44 (0)1970 621694
Working within the Research Development pillar, Mitchell’s responsibilities include:
- Acting as first point of contact for research ethics and wider-integrity related queries.
- Facilitating applications through the online research ethics system.
- Running various training events and workshops for staff and students.
- Raising awareness, engagement and ensuring compliance with the Concordat to Support Research Integrity and related policies and procedures.
- Clerking of the Research Ethics Panels (REP’s) and the University Research Ethics Committee (UREC).
In this role, Mitchell works closely with the University Director of Ethics and Equality, the Grad School and the Institute Directors of Research.
Mitchell graduated from Aberystwyth University with a Law degree (LLB Hons) and subsequently completed a course in ‘Professional Ethics’ through the University of Leeds.
Prior to joining Research, Business & Innovation, Mitchell gained a number of skills through working in other university departments and external organisations, including Dyfed-Powys Police Authority.