Research Impact Officer
Office: Research, Business & Innovation, Top Floor, Visualisation Centre, Penglais
Phone: +44 (0)1970 622387
- Deliver regular training and facilitate workshops that explore the meaning of Research Impact in the context of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) as well as RCUK funding applications (Pathways to Impact) as appropriate.
- Provide specific support to REF Impact Case Study Authors across all academic departments throughout the REF submission cycle.
- Participate in the Research Monitoring Process as a member of the University’s Research Monitoring Group.
- Facilitate training in relation to the University’s current research information system ‘PURE’ with regards to efficient capture of ‘Research Activities’ and ‘Impact’.
- Provide administrative support for the Research Committee Executive meetings.
Rachel joined RB&I as Research Impact Officer in March 2016, working within the REF and Research Monitoring team, and focusing particularly on research impact within REF and RCUK contexts. Rachel has worked in a variety of research, teaching and administrative roles at Aberystwyth University since getting her doctorate in 2006. Most recently she was administrator on ‘Global-Rural – The Global Countryside: Rural Change and Development in Globalization’, an ERC-funded project in the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences. On Mondays she also works in the Department of International Politics as editorial assistant on the journal International Relations.