Now in its fourth year, the programme supports research-inspired innovation and cross-disciplinary collaboration in Wales.
Welsh Crucible provides a unique opportunity to bring together thirty researchers to explore how they can work together to tackle the current research challenges facing Wales. Welsh Crucible takes place over three intensive two-day (residential) workshops comprising inspiring guest speakers, seminars, skills sessions and informal discussions.
It is free to attend due to funding from HEFCW and Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff and Swansea Universities, and the University of South Wales. All residential costs, including accommodation and catering, and costs for all sessions in the three Welsh Crucible labs, will be provided for successful candidates. Travel expenses to cover reasonable travel costs to and from each Welsh Crucible lab will be paid.
Welsh Crucible will help you to
- develop a network of peers within the research community,
- forge links with Welsh Government, the National Assembly for Wales, and the Welsh media;
- improve your effectiveness both within and beyond your organisation;
- ensure that your research has greater impact;
- learn about different areas of research and encourage personal and career development.
Many previous ‘Crucibles’ reported that this is probably the best development activity they have ever undertaken and well worth the time investment.
- Must be an early or mid-career researcher with 3 years post-doc research experience.
- Must be working in Wales at one of the funding Universities (Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff, Swansea, South Wales) OR in R&D in business, industry or the public sector.
Further information can be found on the Welsh Crucible website: www.welshcrucible.org.uk
Research, Business & Innovation, Aberystwyth University, Visualisation Centre, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3BF
Tel: 01970 622385 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org