Photography Competition open to Aberystwyth University Students and Staff
Theme for December 2017 is “Festivities and Celebrations”.
Do you have an eye for a good picture or like to spontaneously capture a moment on your smartphone? Then why not take part in our monthly #SnapAber competition and share your images with us? You could win £50 on your Aber Card.
To submit your entry, simply email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and Department name (you must submit via an aber.ac.uk email address).
On the first day of each month, we will set a new competition theme. Participants are invited to submit entries based on their interpretation of these themes. A panel of judges will choose one winning picture and the photographer will win a £50 top up for their Aber Card.
Images submitted will feature on the University’s Instagram page and shared on all Aberystwyth University social media account pages.
Submitted works will also be included for use in AU marketing material, publications and in print and digital form. Judges decisions are final (please read the competition rules and regulations).
The theme for December 2017 is “Festivities and Celebrations”. All entries must be submitted by 17:00 on 21 December and the selected winner will be notified via email in the second week of January.
The following competition theme will be announced on 8th January.
#SnapAber Competition Rules and Regulations
1. Maximum of x2 entries per person for each month’s category.
2. Entries must be at least 4mb in size.
3. Colour and black and white images are acceptable.
4. The photographer must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of the photos entered into the competition.
5. All student entrants must be registered as undergraduates or postgraduates studying a course at Aberystwyth University at the time of judging.
6. All staff entrants must be employed by Aberystwyth University at the time of judging.
7. Members of the judging panel will not be able to submit entries.
8. All images submitted to be sent to email@example.com by the published deadline. Submission dates for competition entry will be updated regularly on the Snap Aber website each month.
9. Any photographs that we consider to be objectionable will be deleted. Reasons for deletion includes abusive, obscene, slanderous, threatening, pornographic and law breaking images.
10. All rights retained by the entrants. However, Aberystwyth University shall be free to use all entry(s) for the purposes of future promotion. By entering you agree that any image you submit may be used by Aberystwyth University solely for the purposes of promotion. Uses include displaying the entries on the Aber University website, social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and inclusion in printed promotional materials.
11. Winners’ images will be displayed on the wall of the #SnapAber page of the University website.
12. It is your responsibility to input your correct email address.
13. By entering the competition, all entrants are deemed to have accepted the rules and agreed to be bound by them.
14. You agree to accept all liability for the legality of content you submit and will not hold Aberystwyth University responsible for any damages that may result.
15. One winner will be selected by a panel of judges each month to win £50 credit onto their Aber Card. Judges decisions are final.
Senior Curator, Aberystwyth University’s School of Art
Interim Director, Aberystwyth Arts Centre
Professional Freelance Photographer, www.wholepicture.co.uk