Terms and Conditions (General Public)
General Terms and Conditions of Sport Aber Membership
Each membership has the same general terms and conditions attached to them. Students have some amendments to include access to sports teams. Each member has to tick to say that they have read, and agree to abide by membership conditions.
The following conditions are designed to ensure that all members maximise the benefits offered by Sports Centre Membership in a safe and congenial manner.
1. I understand that I need to bring my Aber Card or Sports Centre swipe card to be scanned on each visit to the Sports Centre.
2. I understand that Sports Centre Membership entitles me to free and discounted use of the facilities and that charges for these may periodically be revised at the discretion of the management.
3. I understand that my membership fee is non-refundable under normal circumstances.
4. I agree not to lend my card to anyone else and that failure to comply may lead to membership being withdrawn
5. I agree to abide by the conditions of use stipulated for each sports facility and enforced by Sports Centre staff.
a. These conditions will either be presented to you or displayed prominently at the facility.
6. I agree to notify a Sports Centre member of staff if I have or develop a medical condition which may jeopardise the safety of others or myself whilst using the Sports Centre.
7. I understand that the management cannot take responsibility for the theft of loss of any personal effects left in the changing rooms.
8. I understand that whilst I am covered by University Public Liability insurance, I am responsible for securing personal liability insurance for any sporting injuries received whilst using Sports Centre facilities or courses.
9. I understand that as part of my membership, Sports Centre staff have access to restricted information contained on my swipe card e.g. date of birth, address etc. This information will only be used in line with the Data Protection Act guidelines.
10. The management of Sports Centre reserve the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct which in the view of the management of SC is offensive to customers and / or staff or represents a health and safety danger.
11. Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of 3 months on the production of a valid medical certificate. Other reasons may be considered at the discretion of the management of the SC.
12. Children must be supervised by their own parent or guardian. Children must not be left unattended.
13. I understand that as part of my membership, Sports Centre staff have access to restricted information contained on my swipe card e.g. date of birth, address etc. This information will only be used in line with the Data Protection Act guidelines.
Student Amendments – in addition to the above.
1. I understand that I need a Sporty Card to join any Aberystwyth University Sports Team.
2. I understand that Club Sporty (entitles me to free and discounted use of the facilities), course, teams and Aberystwyth University Sports Clubs and that charges to these may be periodically revised at the discretion of the management.
3. I understand that if I cancel a facility booking without due notification, I will be liable for an appropriate charge.
4. I understand that personal insurance is included in the price of the Sporty Card.
AU Staff Amendments – in addition to the above.
1. All AU Staff are to set up membership via Aber People. Full details of how to set this up is on our web page
2. Log onto Aber People via this web page - https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/staff/aber-people/