Strategic Plan 2012 - 2017
Aber Students – the heart of our campus
Aberystwyth benefits from a community of students who are vibrant, ambitious and passionate people. We are committed to delivering a high quality student experience, and ensuring that students who choose us are rewarded with a qualification that equips them fully for their future challenges. We will:
- Provide a high quality learning environment, continually investing in our infrastructure.
- Work closely with our Students’ Union, ensuring that the student voice informs decision making at all levels.
- Recruit high quality students across a broad range of subjects.
- View every student as an individual, providing quality student support tailored to their needs so that they can make the most of their time at Aberystwyth.
- Work with our alumni and draw on the expertise of our graduates to assist our current students.
- Provide diverse opportunities for personal development such as sports, societies and volunteering.
Aber Staff – the basis of our excellence
Our staff are our greatest investment and most important asset. Aberystwyth has a community of interested and interesting staff who contribute to our success in student satisfaction surveys. We will:
- Recruit high quality staff across all research, teaching and professional service areas and ensure that they are supported and nurtured to enable them to progress and succeed.
- Embed procedures for promotion that recognise and reward excellence across all our activities.
- Cultivate leadership potential.
- Provide staff with a quality environment in which to work, and ensure they have access to high quality facilities and technology.
- Work with staff to address the grand challenges that face Wales and the wider world.
Aber Community – collaborating in success
We work closely with and are supported by the local community and benefit greatly from a location of unrivalled beauty. We acknowledge the contribution made to the life of the University by the local area, and will continue to seek to enrich the cultural, linguistic and economic life of both Aberystwyth and Wales. We will:
- Invest in initiatives which support and grow the Welsh language.
- Work closely with local schools, colleges and adult learners, to broaden accessibility to the University and to widen our community links.
- Seek to procure sustainably, often using local suppliers and working closely with local businesses.
- Support activities which encourage our students to work with local groups and organisations.
Vice-Chancellor's Office, Aberystwyth University, Visualisation Centre, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3BF
Tel: 01970 622002 Fax: 01970 611446 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org