We aim to provide all students with an experience of the highest quality, and to make our academic facilities available to all who meet our entrance requirements.
For disabled students, those with long standing physical/mental health conditions or a specific learning difference, we aim for an inclusive curriculum accessible to all, adapted accommodation, and access to learning areas which are equipped with computers, special hardware, additional software and laptop access. We can offer you advice on individual examination arrangements and enabling technology so that you can reach your full potential and get the good results you deserve.
If you would like further information about our provision for students with disabilities or have specific questions, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on (01970) 621761 or 622087.
At Aberystwyth University there are dedicated Accessibility Advisers to support you through the process of transition in and out of university. Our Accessibility Advisers will:
- Provide advice and information to applicants and students (including care leavers, disabled students, autistic students, those with long term health conditions and those with specific learning differences) about provision available for your specific needs at Aberystwyth University
- Support you through the process of accessing the provision that you need
- Assist you in making the most of your attendance at Open or Visit Days
- Help on disability related accommodation requirements
- Advise you about the Disabled Students' Allowance application process or other funding available to support you individual needs
- Assist you with accessing Individual Examination Arrangements
- Advise you on the types of evidence you need to access specific provision within the university
- Discuss with you to what extent you want your specific needs disclosed to other departments within the university
To make an appointment with an Accessibility Adviser contact our Student Welcome Desk on (01970) 621761 or 622087, or email email@example.com.