Studying through the medium of Welsh
Aberystwyth University offers a high level of provision for students to be able to study through the medium of Welsh - one of the highest in Wales. We offer opportunities for students who are fluent in Welsh in addition to those who are less confident or learners.
There is a variation in the modules and the amount that can be studied through the medium of Welsh. The undergraduate provision varies from courses that offer a few modules in Welsh, to others where you can study an entire course in Welsh. You can study modules in Welsh even if you are studying mainly in English.
With over 300 undergraduate courses to choose from and a high level of flexibility - search for a course here.
Why study in Welsh at Aberystwyth University?
- 95% of graduates who studied through the medium of Welsh at Aberystwyth University were in employment and/or further study 6 months after graduation, compared with 91.8% who didn’t study in Welsh.
- 80% of our graduates who studied through the medium of Welsh were working in a professional level job or were in graduate level further study 6 months after graduation, compared to 67% who didn’t study through the medium of Welsh
- There is a demand for young professionals who can work bilingually
- The salaries for bilingual careers are on average higher
- Studying through the medium of Welsh at the University will provide you with an excellent foundation for your career
- Many of our undergraduate courses are eligible for Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Scholarships, worth up to £3,000