Studying through Welsh
Aberystwyth University offers a high level of provision for students to be able to study through the medium of Welsh - one of the highest in Wales.
We offer opportunities for students who are fluent in Welsh, in addition to those who are less confident or learners.
There are variations in undergraduate course modules and the amount that can be studied through the medium of Welsh. Some offer a few modules in Welsh, while others the entire course. You can also study modules in Welsh even if you are studying mainly in English.
Why study in Welsh at Aberystwyth University?
- 99% of graduates who studied through the medium of Welsh at Aberystwyth University were in employment and/or further study 6 months after graduation. HESA 2018*
- 80% of our graduates who studied through the medium of Welsh were working in a professional level job or were in graduate level further study 6 months after graduation, compared to 67% who didn’t study through the medium of Welsh. HESA 2017.
- There is a demand for young professionals who can work bilingually
- The salaries for bilingual careers are on average higher
- Studying through the medium of Welsh at the University will provide you with an excellent foundation for your career
- Many of our undergraduate courses are eligible for Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Scholarships, worth up to £3,000