Marketing Degrees at Aberystwyth University
Available as a single honours, joint honours or as a major/minor degree with other subjects.
Marketing combines the discipline of sound research with the creativity of aural, visual and verbal expression, and with technical expertise in using the most up-to-date modern media. It is crucial to the functioning of modern economic societies, promoting products within the context of a sound understanding of the ethics of truthfulness and faithful representation.
Here at Aberystwyth, you will study your Marketing degree in a department which:
- Makes world-leading contributions to research and practice;
- Combines traditional academic teaching with up-to-date training in the skills you will need for business;
- Works with you as an individual to optimise your career opportunities;
- Enables you to combine Marketing with a fantastic range of other disciplines, from Accountancy to Psychology;
- Is part of a University which, year after year, has one of the highest student satisfaction ratings in the UK.
Marketing Degree Year 1
No prior knowledge is assumed, so Year 1 of your Marketing degree lays the foundation for the skills you will need throughout your course, and for an understanding of the commercial context in which those skills need to be applied, both in your studies and in your future career. You will also start to think about the Psychology of Marketing – what it is that makes consumers tick, and how Marketing can responsibly use that knowledge.
Core modules in Year 1 are:
- Marketing Analysis and Skills;
- Marketing Principles;
- Introduction to Psychology;
- The Business Environment.
Marketing Degree Years 2 and 3
In Years 2 and 3 you being to apply the analytical skills you have gained in Year 1 to the creative aspects of Marketing, producing campaigns for the all the different media in which the modern Marketer has to function. In addition, you will be introduced to the concept of the bottom line: the relationship between product budget and Marketing budget and how the two must constantly be held in relationship.
Core modules in Years 2 and 3 are:
- Managing Finance and Marketing;
- Marketing Research and Advertising;
- Consumer Behaviour;
- Human Resource Management;
- Organisational Behaviour.
In years 2 and 3, as you progress and get more experience, you can add more topics of your own choice to these core subjects, from a range including Marketing in relation to Accountancy and Finance or Corporate Governance and Business ethics.
- You can find out more about Marketing here
Combining Marketing with another subject
Click here to view the degrees in which you can combine Marketing with another subject