Enjoy all the facilities of the Campus, with a Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, enjoy a show or browse the shops at the Arts Centre, or relax in our Sports Facility with indoor swimming pool. We have ample parking and are a short walk from Aberystwyth town centre and a short drive from some fantastic attractions in the area, including the sand dunes of Ynyslas Beach or a short walk from looking up family history at the famous National Library. More on Visit mid wales website.
With over 500,000 visits every year, the on-campus Arts Centre offers a wide and varied programme of events. These range from drama to classical music, dance, world music, films, children's shows, literature readings, live bands to opera and comedy. The Arts Centre is one of the few venues in Wales acknowledged by the Arts Council as a Centre of Excellence. It also offers you an excellent programme of exhibitions, a bookshop, gift shop, fully licensed bar and cafes with fine views. Visit the Arts Centre website.
We have an excellent range of Sports facilities here on Campus, which are complementary for residential guests and it is worth taking time out to enjoy our Sports Centre. This includes a 25 metre heated indoor swimming pool. Visit the Sport Centre website.
Extremely popular is our state-of-the-art Wellness Centre. A comprehensive range of equipment provides you with a variety of training possibilities and trained staff are on hand to help you achieve your work-out goals.
For larger groups, our exceptional turf and floodlit artificial pitches and sports cage can be booked for exclusive use (charge applies).
Places to visit include:
- The excellent National Library of Wales, a copyright library where many of the greatest Celtic literary treasures are housed
- The Ceredigion Museum which has a fine collection of local artefacts
- An Electric Cliff Railway giving access to the top of Constitution Hill and its Great Camera Obscura
- A wonderful choice of galleries and exhibitions at Aberystwyth Arts Centre and the School of Art
- The Vale of Rheidol Narrow Gauge Steam Railway - leading to the spectacular Devil's Bridge Falls
- King Arthurs Labyrinth
Many of Ceredigion's attractions are easily accessible even for half day excursions from Aberystwyth. These include:
- The Forestry Commission Visitor Centre at Nant-yr-Arian
- E-on's Hydro-Electric Visitor Centre at Cwm Rheidol
- A The Silver Mountain Experience at Llywernog
- The world-renowned Centre for Alternative Technology offers an insight into eco-friendly technology and a challenge for the future!
- Nature reserves at Ynyshir and the Dovey Estuary
- Llanerchaeron Country House Estate, boasting a beautiful Mansion by the architect Nash, and a model home farm and walled garden can be found near Aberaeron.
The Conference Office, Aberystwyth University, Penbryn, Penglais, SY23 3BY
Tel: (01970) 621960 Fax: (01970) 622899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org