Learn and Live in an Exceptional Environment
At Aberystwyth, our students are nurtured by the ingenuity of our forward thinking experts, delivering interesting degree programmes through cutting-edge research and teaching. Aberystwyth is the University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Complete University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times). We believe in taking the class room beyond the four walls to provide real-world opportunities and transform lives for the better.
As a student at Aberystwyth, you will be living in a vibrant bilingual university town, between the rolling Cambrian Mountains and the stunning coastline of Cardigan Bay. You’ll be part of a campus university with its own sports centre and busy Arts Centre; and you’ll be next door to the National Library of Wales, one of only five copyright libraries in the UK.
Here are just some of the other reasons why you may want to consider Aberystwyth:
- Top 5 in the UK and Best in Wales for student satisfaction, NSS 2017*
- 3rd in Wales in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016
- A top 40 UK University according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17
- The safest place to study in Wales and amongst the 10 safest in the UK, the Complete University Guide 2016
- 95% of graduates are in employment or further education 6 months after graduating, DLHE 2017
- 95% of the University’s research is of an internationally recognised standard, REF 2014
*Aberystwyth University’s rankings are compared against the HE institutions listed in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
We strongly recommend that you book your place onto an Open Day, Applicant Visiting Day or even a campus tour so you can see the innovative, exciting learning in action and join us in becoming a forward thinker!