How to apply for a place on the 2018 Summer University
We will be accepting applications for the 2018 Summer University course from December 2017.
In order to apply for a place, you will be required to complete an online form. As it is not possible to save the form and return to it later, we would strongly advise you obtain the following information before starting the form:
- Details of qualifications you are currently taking (qualification type, subject, start/completion date)
- Details of qualifications you have completed (qualification type, subject, grade, start/completion date)
- Personal statement - You will need to write a short (200 word approximately - must be over 800 characters) personal statement explaining why you think that you should be considered for a place on the programme and how you think you would benefit for it. Statements are often used to determine which applicants to offer places to, and should specifically include information on how you would benefit from the programme and not simply a list of your skills/accomplishments.
- We advise that you write your statement on a Word Processor beforehand and paste it into the relevant section on the form.
- Four modules that you would be interested in taking. Details and module requirements can be found here. Please ensure you read the module descriptions before making your choices.
- The name and email address of a teacher/tutor/other youth worker who we can send a nomination form to - it is essential you get their permission before entering their name on this form.
(If we do not receive a nomination form it will delay the processing of your application and could prevent you being offered a place)
Applications open late December
If you experience issues with this form we advise that you view it in Chrome. If the problem persists please contact us directly.
As we are attempting to utilise a paperless application system, hardcopies of the application form will not be available.